Short Story Unit: Intro to Literature for all short stories
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Narrative Writing/Short Story Unit: This common core aligned bundle is perfect for back to school and it includes everything you need to teach narrative writing, narrative strategies, and short stories to your middle and high school students. This unit focuses on writing better narratives by understPrice $26.00Original Price $36.50Save $10.50
- This secondary English curriculum includes enough materials for an entire year’s worth of high school and middle school English instruction. This includes resources for reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, and more!**These resources are sold as PowerPoint presentations for instruction and securedPrice $239.99Original Price $405.92Save $165.93
- Engage your students in a digital introduction to a short story teaching unit that introduces the genre of short stories to students. This common core aligned unit includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students about short stories. This lesson works with all short storiesPrice $8.00Original Price $14.00Save $6.00
- If you are looking for resources for an entire year of middle school ELA or high school English, this secondary ELA curriculum is for you! This English Curriculum includes both traditional print and editable digital files to help you plan your best year yet!This ELA curriculum is ideal for grades 7-Price $349.99Original Price $567.70Save $217.71
Engage your students in a short story unit that works with any piece of fiction. This short story teaching lesson introduces students to short stories, fiction, and literary devices. It includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students about short stories, and you can use these organizers over and over again.
This lesson works with all short stories and any piece of fiction. It is the perfect introduction to literature lesson.
**Also available in DIGITAL**
This short story unit includes two files:
- An engaging and editable, 20-slide PowerPoint
- A PDF document with student materials.
The PowerPoint is a multi-day presentation that teaches students about the basics of short stories including characters, setting, plot, conflict, point of view, and theme.
The PDF document includes:
- A teacher instruction sheet with lesson ideas
- Guided student notes to use during instruction
- Multiple graphic organizers that can be used for ANY short story
- An analyzing theme essay that can be used for ANY short story
- An essay outline
- An essay peer editing form
- 100 points essay rubric
- Character analysis antagonist and protagonist profile
- Setting organizer
- Plot diagram
- Story cube
- Figurative language tracker
- Story prediction chart
- Short story graphic organizer
- Short story comic strip organizer
* Make sure you click the "follow" button next to my picture so you don’t miss out on sales and new resources
* Please provide feedback on this resource. By doing so, you will earn TPT credits that you can apply toward future purchases! It’s like FREE TPT cash!
© The Daring English Teacher, Inc.
All rights reserved. License good for single-classroom use only.
Other Teaching Resources That Might Interest You:
Ultimate Argument Writing Bundle (Grades 7-12)
Descriptive Writing Mini-Unit - CCSS Aligned - Grades 7-10
Introduction to Argumentative Writing: a CCSS aligned mini-unit