Products in this Bundle (11)
showing 1-5 of 11 products
Also included in
- This resource bundle will help you implement Interactive Notebooks for the entire year of English with older students. These lessons, activities, and assessments provide rigor and motivation for students, while still maintaining some cutting and gluing elements of ISNs to create a lifelong reference$59.99$100.54Save $40.55
This Short Stories Unit can be used for any texts for paper, digital, and Interactive Notebooks. These materials reinforce analytical skills through close reading, constructed response, and creative writing. This is a great way to introduce or review literary analysis! You can use the short stories I use for each skill or choose your own. You also get handouts, projects, rubrics, presentations, samples, and three leveled tests to help teach and assess these important skills. You can use the unit as-is, or edit various components to meet your needs. (grades 7-10)
These lessons use the IN (Bellringer) - THROUGH (Teacher Input/Guided Classwork) - OUT (Exit/Independent Practice/Homework) method. This is a great way to ensure gradual release of responsibility.
1. Full lesson plans for every topic (Plot, Characterization, Mood, etc.)
2. Step-by-step slides for every page of the Interactive Notebook version
3. Handouts, foldables, notes, and homework
4. PowerPoints/Presentations to teach important skills:
8. Digital versions
There are suggested short stories to use for each lesson, but you can switch these out for your favorites. ;) You can also add more, if you like. The suggested short stories are:
"Lamb to the Slaughter" by Roald Dahl
"The Lottery" by Shirley Jackson
"Raymond's Run" by Toni Cade Bambara
"Geraldo No Last Name" by Sandra Cisneros
"Masque of the Red Death" by Edgar Allan Poe
This item is now part of my Interactive Notebooks for Secondary ELA Bundle! This is all of the resources that I use in my 9th grade English classroom to bring short stories, novels, poetry, and plays to life using ISNs, and will grow as I add develop more units in the future.
Did you know that you can receive credit towards future TpT purchases by reviewing this product? If you enjoy this product, please leave a review at the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TpT. Ratings make the TpT world go round. :)
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA
Pinterest: Nouvelle ELA Teaching Resources
Facebook: Nouvelle ELA
Blog: Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA