If you teach Short Stories with multiple grades or preps (remedial, standard, honors), then you need this test bundle. These tests provide students a chance to apply learned skills from a whole unit of short stories to a brand new story that they haven't seen before. You get three leveled tests that require students to apply their literary analysis skills to a target text. They identify and analyze plot, characterization, and conflict. Levels 2 and 3 also analyze irony and symbolism and construct a short literary analysis.
The Three Tests:
Level 1: “The Monkey’s Paw” by W.W. Jacobs
- I have used this with a Reader's Theatre version of the story in 8th & 9th grade classrooms with low-performing, ESL, and EC students. I have had customers use it in 6th & 7th grade regular sections.
Level 2: "The Dinner Party" by Mona Gardner
- I have used this in 8th & 9th grade standard and Honors sections. It would also be great for 10th & 11th remedial sections.
Level 3: "Story of an Hour“ by Kate Chopin
- I have used this in 9th grade regular (midterm) and Honors (unit test) sections. It would also be great for 10th-12th.
What You Get:
1. 3 2-page tests with a full answer key (editable)
2. A constructed response page with rubric (Levels 2 & 3)
3. A "Test Review" PowerPoint to help you review the results and answers with your students (editable)
This product is also included in my Short Story Unit for ISNs!
Check out my other Short Stories materials!
Feedback & Followers:
Did you know that you can receive credit
towards future TpT purchases by reviewing this product? If you enjoy this product, please leave a review at the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TpT. Ratings make the TpT world go round. :)
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA
Pinterest: Nouvelle ELA Teaching Resources
Blog: Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA