Students use this guide to write a short story. Students are guided to:
• Choose an event to write about
• Outline a story line
• Choose and build two characters
• Choose a voice
• Write dialogue for the story
• Write literary devices to use in the story
• Choose a theme for the story
This pairs well with my “Writing a Short Story” PowerPoint, also available on my website. The PowerPoint is a guided lesson to review short story writing.
Includes a grading rubric for the completed short story.
Common Core W.3