Looking for a natural approach to learning languages, growing vocabulary, teaching grammar and getting the learners to use the new language?
Reading short illustrated stories with your (little) learners will help you do exactly that especially when it's combined with activities that let your learners use the target language from day one in a variety of situations.
The book and it's content is targeted at German or English language learners at beginner's level, no previous knowledge required.
Read the story in the target language from start to finish (ca. 4-5 minutes) and show the illustrations.
Ask questions about the story, use the activities to reinforce and revise vocabulary.
Use the story as an early reader to practise reading in German or English.
For further learning also read Book 1 'Hatschi - Achoo' (introduce yourself and ask for someone's name, personal pronouns) and Book 3 'Wie ein Chamäleon - Like a Chameleon' (animals, (modal) verbs, possessive pronouns, negation) verbs).
Book 2 Spaghettikuchen - Spaghetti Cake (birthday, family members, numbers, food and more):
It's Lilly's birthday and her friends are planning a surprise. Stella wants to help but she's got a problem. Will the surprise be ready in time?
- story for language learners aged 3+
- learners experience the German/English language playfully as a
- hand-painted illustrations correspond with the text
- enjoy the story at home, at preschool or primary school
This is yours when you download this product:
- a bilingual story in German & English
- a bilingual word list
- an activity guide with learning objectives, vocabulary list and
required materials in German & English to practise
and oral communication
- a game
- a recording of the story in German to aid with pronunciation
Illustrations ©AnnMarie McCarthy.
Happy language learning & story time!