SHORT STORY with COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS, Short story text included.
• text is accessible for high school/middle school students with special needs/ESL learners reading below grade level, but also age appropriate and high interest
6-page Short Story about a teenage girl who learns an important lesson about being honest with her mother
• Common core aligned lesson plan
• 6 Comprehension questions included that encourage use of background knowledge and practice with analyzing text
• Retell (in sequence) graphic organizer AND Retell paragraph template
Sequencing templates also include a model sample for students to follow
• Word study graphic organizer for specific intervention of vocabulary words also included
• social story to discuss relationships with peers and parents
• Great for a Guided Reading and Guided Writing lesson!
• Great Reading text for MCAS-Alt portfolio
Check out products by Differentiated Fun, creating age appropriate but modified lessons for special needs and ESL learners!