Wouldn't you like to have everything you need to teach short vowel "a" to your students? No need to create your own interactive pages for your Smart board...it's here!
• 6 SMART Board pages on identifying the short vowel “a” sound.
• 24 SMART Board pages on reading words with the short vowel “a” sound.
• 9 SMART Board pages on writing words with the short vowel “a” sound.
• 7 Title pages with quick links to skill practice and vocabulary.
Within this unit students will identify the short vowel “a” sound in isolation as well as in the context of spoken and written words. Students will explore blending sounds into whole words. Students will apply this knowledge of the short vowel “a” sound while writing and reading new words.
This unit supports a variety of different learning styles that naturally lend to differentiation. It may be used over the course of one week or several weeks as review of the concepts. A variety of activities will be available for student practice that may be chosen based on specific student need.
The activities are grouped by identifying the short vowel "a" sound, matching short vowel "a" words to a picture, reading words, and writing words. You will also find links to online activities. Within each group are pages to develop each skill in a variety of methods.
• Smart board pages isolating the short vowel “a” sound individually,
• Smart board pages to match CVC words to the pictures,
• Smart board pages reading CVC words, and
• Smart board pages developing spelling skills using short vowel “a” words.
It is Common Core aligned: You will develop your students’ reading skills by supporting their:
• Phonemic Awareness,
• Phonological Awareness whereby your students may demonstrate an understanding of phonemes and segment words into their individual phonemes, and
• Decoding Skills.
47 pages in all!
Please note: This file is made to use SMART Notebook software. You should have this software to use the file. It is not compatible with other interactive whiteboard software such as ActivBoard (Active Inspire) or Promethean boards.