A fun and tactile way to learn and practice short vowels a, e, i, o, and u and word families -- just add a few toilet paper rolls!
Each short vowel decoder has 4-5 common ending sounds, a letter ring, and at least one picture ring to provide dozens of word combinations and a variety of different possible activities.
- practice making and reading CVC words
- match pictures to word endings or whole words
- work on word families
- sound out nonsense words
- differentiate between nonsense and real words
- connect phonics and spelling
- connect auditory and visual word recognition
- printable rollers for Short A, E, I, O U
- instructions & activity ideas
- additional letter rings for extra practice
Words with corresponding pictures:
man, pan, fan, can, ham, ram, cap, map, rat, hat, mat, fat, cat, bat wed, red, bed, jet, vet, net
wig, pig, hit, kit, lid, pin, fin, hip, lip, kid
log, fog, dog, cog, fox, mop, hop, cop, hot, dot
sun, bun, run, rug, bug, sub, cub, hut, cut, nut
(There are dozens of other word possibilities without pictures as well.)
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
© All graphics and materials copyright Blue Bees Workshop