CVC printables and short vowel activities are NO-PREP, colorful, thorough and fun. Vowel Vest is a fun and easy craft. Short vowel printables are great for computer or SMARTboard, for instant phonics lessons you can use again and again.
Short Vowel Fun will enhance any phonics program, ideal for whole group, small group, assessment, RTI, early finishers, writing centers, morning work, homework, and more.
TEACHER AND KID FRIENDLY: Every instructional page includes an “I can…” Learning Target and the specific CCSS; a Vowel Grid with pictures to reinforce vowels and sounds; and a pictorial instruction box in the top right corner.
And how cute is the Vowel Vest craft project? So cute, that kids will be buzzing about vowels for a long time. They can even use their Vowel Vest as a stand up doll house to play with, as they ponder their vowels and vowel pictures! Vowel Vests can be made with white, pastel or neon copy paper, colored construction paper, or digital art paper (eg, animal prints or camouflage).
Common Core Aligned activities include:
• Learn vowels and short vowel sounds (Short Vowels Poster)
• Sing a song that features short vowels and short vowel sounds
• Fill in the vowel that matches the picture (6 pgs)
• Rhyme Time: Write 2 words that rhyme with the given word, and draw pictures (4 pgs)
• Name the picture, choosing from 3 CVC words (2 pgs)
• Write the CVC word that matches the picture
• Write a sentence using CVC words (20 sentences)
• CVC Word Jumbles (2 pgs)
• Sometimes "y" is a vowel! (List consonant y and vowel y words)
• Short and Long Vowels (Turn CVC into CVCE words)
• Locate vowels on the page: Fun “Vowel Gumballs”
• A Vowel Vest Directions sheet (1 page) that is kid-friendly; with 1-word directions and photos. Perfect for your craft center, or for the entire class.
I hope you enjoy this vowel packet…and if you would kindly leave your rating and feedback at Teachers Pay Teachers: Vowel Vest and Short Vowel Fun
it would be greatly appreciated!
***** BONUS: You will get free credits to spend at TPT when you leave feedback *****
© 2014 Renee Dawn
Please respect the copyright, for use by one purchaser in a classroom setting.
FOR MORE WORD WORK:
Word Work Fun Bundle – Printables, Crafts, MP3 Songs, Personal Word Wall—VAKT: Visual, Auditory, Kinesthetic, & Tactile!
Writer’s Toolkit for Kindergarten Includes: ABC Chart, Personal Word Wall, Next Steps Checklist for a writer's notebook or folder. BONUS: ABC Song and Writing Rubric in a Song MP3s!
You might also enjoy:
Brain Breaks for the 5 Senses
Look At Your Writing – K Rubric in a Song - MP3
Look At Your Writing Grades 1-5 – Writing Rubric in a Song - MP3