This bundle of 36 games for CVC words includes six partner games for each vowel, plus a set of six more games that provide mixed practice on all of the vowels.
Here are the games you'll receive:
* Grow a Graph, the easiest of the games, a roll-and-read activity that combines reading CVC words with early graphing practice
* Two of a Kind, reading a CVC word and scanning a grid of words to find the same word again
* Read a Word, Spell a Rhyme, read CVC words, then supply and spell a rhyming word. Permission to use nonsense words in this game adds extra fun!
* Tic-Tac-Toe, Here We Go!, play three tic-tac-toe games using CVC words instead of X’s and O’s.
* Lots of Dots, a game of strategy … and reading and writing CVC words!
* Build-a-Word Workshop, the most challenging of the games. Given a first letter, students will think of and write a rime to make a real CVC word.
Once you’ve taught your students how to play the first set of games, you’ll save loads of teaching time because your students will already have practiced each of the game formats!
The games in this set are also sold separately. Click on any of the individual resources for more details about it.
Short A Games
Short E Games
Short I Games
Short O Games
Short U Games
Short Vowel Games ~ Mixed Practice
Each of the games comes with both a limited color version (20% or less) and a blackline option, great for saving your color ink. You might want to let your students add color to the blackline options before laminating, or simply copy and send home for extra practice (fun homework!)
Each of these short vowel games is just one page. There are no cards to print and cut … and no cards to lose!
These games are ideal for literacy centers, morning work, sub tubs, interventionists, homeschoolers, and tutors.
Purchased separately, these games would cost $21.00. You’ll save over 20% by buying them in this bundle!
This product is a Zip File.
Linda Nelson grants permission to the original downloader to reproduce material for his or her own classroom use only. No other part of this work may be reproduced in whole or in part by electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without permission in writing from the author.
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You’ll also like…
Short Vowel Games and Activities Bundle
CLICK HERE to return to my store page!
Would you like to save money on future TPT purchases? It’s easy!
• Please go to your My Purchases
page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Just click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about the product. Your feedback is important to me! It helps me to improve products and design the new resources you need for your classroom.
Be the first to know about my newest resources:
• Look for the star
near the top of any page within my store and
click it to become a follower
. You’ll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers Only” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks!☺
Follow me on Pinterest
Primary Inspiration Blog
Primary Inspiration Teaching Resources on Facebook
Primary Inspiration on Instagram