Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.47 MB | 8 pages
These short vowel games are a fun way to help your students practice reading their short vowel words!
Materials Needed: 2 Dice, colored cubes/counters for each player
1. Each player should roll one die to see who will play first.
2. Players roll the dice and use the numbers rolled and the grid to locate their word on the game board (example: If you roll a 3 and a 4, you locate the 3 at the top of the board and the 4 on the side of the board.Bring your fingers together to locate the word that is to be read).
3. Players must then read the word that they located on the board.
If the word is read correctly, the player may place a colored counter
on the word. If the word is read incorrectly, the next player may take their turn.
4. If a player locates a word that is already covered with a marker, that player may read the word and BUMP their partner's counter off the board and replace it with their own.
5. Players who land on a DOTTED box may take another turn.
6. The first player to get 6 in a row is the winner!