Short Vowel O Activities Orton Gillingham
These are supplemental activities I use when teaching the letter o and short vowel o. I tutor students with dyslexia and found that I needed more materials to reinforce concepts so I started creating some of my own.
Included are 5 activities.
1. Hidden Picture: This is a picture with 5 letter "o"s hidden in the picture for students to find and circle.
2. Follow the Path: Students follow the letter "o" through a maze from the octopus to the rock cave.
3. Font Scramble: Students circle all the letter "o"s on a page of letter "o"s in different fonts.
4. Sound Tally: Students listen to sentences and tally every time they hear the short vowel o sound at the beginning of words.
5. Picture Hunt: Students circle the pictures in each row that have the same middle sound of the short vowel o.
6. Short Vowel Slap: Students play a game where they slap the picture if it has the short vowel o sound at the beginning, or in the middle of the word, shown in the picture.