Are you looking to add sorts into your classroom? Do you already use sorts but struggle with how students transfer this into actual spelling? Do you have fast finishers who would benefit from a next step after sorting and give you the extra time you need with strugglers? Want to add sorts to a class center?
Take your sorts to the next level! Give students the chance to practice spelling their words to show that the spelling of the words matches the sound pattern. Thus, the flaps! Students cut, sort, glue along the top tab, fold the card back, spell the word on the line, and PROVE that the sounds and spelling match the pattern. In addition, I have included a sentence writing page which you can easily photocopy to the back of the sort mat for early finishers.
This is my Sort and Spell pack for short vowels. Included in this product you will find...
* A short vowel picture sort with all 5 vowels
* A short vowel picture sort focusing on the short a versus short o
* A short vowel picture sort focusing on the short e versus short i
* Visual, student friendly directions. Print and place in a center or display on a Smart Board. (See thumbnail picture)
* An optional sentence writing page for students to practice writing their new words in sentences when they've glued their sort. Students can no longer nag you with "I'm finished" just because they are fast cutters, gluers, or close to mastery with the activity.
I will be posting future Sort and Spell Packs (digraphs, long vowels, r-controlled vowels, etc.) in the coming months. Please consider following my page if you like this product and leaving feedback if you choose to purchase this for your classroom.
Thanks for checking out my product!