This includes 7 center activities that are all the same except for the short vowel words on each page. The similarities make it easier for the teacher to explain once and then students can continue to use without explanation each time. All that is different is the pictures and words.
Each activity includes color pictures with answer key on the side and a separate recording sheet. I printed out the pictures on cardstock and laminated them. So they would last longer.
Also, I wrote the answers on the back of each card just incase students needed help during centers. If they did not know what the picture was they could look on the back and read the word OR if they didn't know how to spell it they could turn it over and see. If they are able to spell the words without looking on the back that is great too!
The short vowels included are:
1. ap and at, pictures included: map, cap, nap, gap, mat, hat, cat, rat
2. it and op, pictures included: sit, kit, hit, bit, top, cop (black and white cop (picture), hop, and mop
3. ig and et, pictures included: pig, wig, dig, twig, pet, wet, net, jet
4. ut and ot, pictures included: hot, dot, spot, pot, cut, hut, nut (there is only 3 pictures for -ut words) one of the spots on the recording sheet will be left blank.
5. am and ub, pictures included: cub, rub, sub, tub, ram, ham, yam, jam
6. en and og, pictures included: dog, frog, log, jog, pen, den, ten, hen
7. ug and ad, pictures included: bug, rug, jug, mug, mad, sad, dad, pad