Students will identify the MIDDLE VOWEL and use a dry erase marker or letter manipulatives to correctly assign a letter to that sound. This is a favourite activity in my SK/1 class.
It includes 48 pages of colour images (96 images total). The images and most words are unique from Sound-Letter Correspondence - Middle Short Vowel - Word Work Center
; however, the formatting is identical and the resources can be combined. This resource is organized by middle vowels (ie: all -a- words together, e, i, o, u).
- Kindergarten and Grade 1 (and some Grade 2+) Word Work Centers
- Words Their Way Short Vowel Stage
- Learning to read and spell CVC words
- Students who can identify the "middle sound" in Sound Skills screeners and are ready to begin early writing.
- Alphabet and Phonics Centers
- Rhyming Pairs
- Word Sorts (can print multiple pages per page and have students glue into a notebook)
Read more about how I use this product at my blog post
Support Early Reading and Writing
* Sound-Letter Correspondence - Beginning Letter - Word Work Center
* Sound-Letter Correspondence - Final Letter - Word Work Center
* Sound-Letter Correspondence - Middle Short Vowel - Word Work Center
* Sound-Letter Correspondence - Digraphs and Blends - Word Work Center
* Spelling and Phonics - Long Vowel - Word Work Center
* Long A Cards
(a-e, ai, ay)
* Long I Cards
(i-e, ie, igh) - FREEBIE!
* Long O Cards
(o, ow, oa, o-e)
* Long U Cards
(u-e, uw, ue, ew)
* Grade 1 Dolch Sight Word Frog Hop Board Game
* Alphabet Word Wall/Centers Cards
Remember to leave feedback in order to earn TPT points. Use these points for discounts on future purchases!