Spelling Under Construction: A Phonics Based Unit.
Interactive Short Vowel Word Work Activities and Assessments
I created this resource to use in my 2nd grade classroom. I saw a need for a more streamlined spelling curriculum, after seeing my students struggle with spelling. This unit is based on simple phonics patterns, and using those patterns to become better spellers.
This resource can be used as a supplement to your current spelling program, a complete spelling curriculum, station work, small group word work, homework, or in any way that fits the needs of your classroom!
This short vowel packet includes:
- Teacher notes (how I use in my classroom)
- Word wall cards for everyday spelling for each short vowel family
- Spelling word lists for each short vowel family; Word lists include 16 GL appropriate words, 4 challenge words, and frequently seen GL appropriate "sight words"
- 4 Interactive spelling practice pages for each short vowel family
- Differentiated spelling test for each short vowel family.
Interactive word work activities include:
- color it
- draw it
- define it
- rainbow write it
- roll it, write it 3x each
- spin it, use it in a sentence
- unscramble it
- ABC order it
- sort it
- trace it, print it
- find it
- stamp it
- read it, circle it
- search it