This progression of short vowel sound activities will give your students practice for each of the sounds. Making the pages into a workbook helps keep the paper from becoming overwhelming. This book includes these items for each of the 5 short vowel sounds:
- Color the pictures that have the short vowel sound
- Write the missing short vowel sound to make a word
- Use the beginning sounds of pictures to find the 'code' word
- Color the circles to make a word and then write the word
- Cut and Paste the correct pictures for the vowel sound
- Read the short vowel word and draw a picture in the box
- Write the short vowel word under the picture
There are also review pages that cover all 5 of the short vowel sounds. You could even use these as a quiz after completing the other activities.
Be sure to download the preview file for the short a pages and answers. I hope this short vowel workbook helps you in your classroom.
Thanks for stopping by!