Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
38.54 MB | 303 pages
What a perfect way for your students to practice learning short vowel words! This pack includes 3 leveled game cards and several different activities for each vowel to meet the needs of your students in your classroom. (Blue – VC and CVC Words, Green - CCVC Words, Purple – CVCC and CCVCC Words)
Students may play the games as a teacher directed guided reading group activity, literacy station activity, or partner activity. At the bottom of each direction card is a list of suggested extension activities to choose from.
Here is a list of all of the types of games and activities in this pack:
Short Vowel Game (3 Leveled Games to Choose From for Each Short Vowel!)
• Students take turns reading the words on the card. If a student picks up a “fun” card, he or she will follow the directions on the card. Whoever has the most cards at the end of the game is the winner!
Short Vowel Word Family Sorting Game (3 Leveled Games to Choose From for Each Short Vowel!)
• Place word family sorting mats next to each other on the table. Place all of the cards face down in rows or spread them out on the table. Each student will take turns choosing a card and then read it out loud. He or she will then sort the card by placing it on the correct word sorting mat. Whoever reads the most words and sorts them correctly at the end of the game is the winner!
• Independent Practice: Sort Activity Page (3 Leveled Games to Choose From for Each Short Vowel!)
ABC Order Activity (3 Leveled Games to Choose From for Each Short Vowel!)
• Arrange the cards in ABC order. He or she will then write the words in a sentence at the bottom of his or her activity page.
• Independent Practice: ABC Order and Super Sentences Activity Page (3 Leveled Activities)
Writing Activity (3 Leveled Lined Papers, Writing Activities, and Cute Craftivity Patterns to Choose From!)
• Students write sentences or a story on the lined paper. They will then color, cut out, and attach the pattern to the top of their story. Display them in your classroom!
*Each short vowel pack comes with 12 activities so you will get a total of 60 activities plus you save money when you buy this bundle! Click on the links below to see all of the amazing games and activities that come in this amazing pack!
Short A Differentiated Games Pack:
Short E Differentiated Games Pack:
Short I Differentiated Games Pack:
Short O Differentiated Games Pack:
Short U Differentiated Games Pack:
Common Core Standards:
Kindergarten: RF.K.3.b Associate the long and short sounds with the common spellings (graphemes) for the five major vowels.
First Grade: RF.1.3 Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
Second Grade: RF.2.3 Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.