Short Vowels Worksheets | CVC Words Worksheets Bundle
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (5)
Also included in
- Looking for a fun and engaging way for your students to practice long and short vowel sounds? These long and short vowel worksheets are NO PREP and easy to differentiate. The long and short a, e, i, o, and u vowels activities include writing, booklets, sorts, making words and sentences, bingo, and mPrice $30.60Original Price $38.25Save $7.65
Are you looking for some fun ways to practice short vowels? These short vowels worksheets target CVC words and include phonics worksheets for short a, e, i, o, and u sound words. Each resource is filled with a variety of easy to use, no PREP printables that include writing, booklets, sorts, making words and sentences, a bingo game, and more! They’re perfect for kindergarten and first grade and can be used for guided or independent practice or at a literacy center.
Each of the packets has the same format. Students become familiar with the directions. It helps them complete the activities independently.
The variety of activities are easy to differentiate phonics skills practice and reinforcement for your students.
It includes the following short vowel packets:
- Short a CVC Word Work
- Short e CVC Word Work
- Short i CVC Word Work
- Short o CVC Word Work
- Short u CVC Word work
Each short vowel packet includes:
Read, Write, & Stamp – Read the words, write the words, and use letter stamps to stamp the words.
- Highlight a Word – Highlight, write, and read (to a classmate) the short vowel CVC words.
- Read & Draw – Read the words and draw a picture to illustrate each one.
- Write a Word – Write the words that name the pictures.
- Real and Nonsense Words – Cut, sort, and glue words to the correct category: real and nonsense words.
- Read and Highlight – Read the sentences and highlight the short vowel CVC words in the sentences. Read the highlighted words to two classmates.
- I can write words. – Write short vowel CVC words (works well as a partner activity).
- Rainbow Writing – Use 3 different colors of the rainbow to trace the words with crayon.
- Build a Word – Build the words that name the given pictures. Use magnet or plastic letters.
- My Short Vowel Book – Cut (on dotted lines), staple, and trace the CVC words. Illustrate and read the book.
- I can write a sentence. – Write a sentence for each of the given words. Illustrate each sentence.
- I can write a story. - Write a story and include short vowel CVC words.
- Short Vowel Picture Sort – Sort the pictures into two categories: “Short Vowel Words” and “Other Words.”
- Short Vowel Bingo – Daub the pictures that have a short vowel sound. Draw a line through any rows that you get BINGO.
- I can make a sentence. – Cut, order, and glue words to make sentences. Write the sentences.
View the Preview for a detailed look at what's included in the packet.
For the Long Vowels Bundle see:
You can purchase both the short and long vowels bundles in one packet:
For more PHONICS activities see:
- R-Controlled Vowels ar
- R-Controlled Vowels er
- R-Controlled Vowels ir
- R-Controlled Vowels or
- R-Controlled Vowels ur
- Long a Word Work Activities CVCe Words
- Long e Word Work Activities ee ea Words
- Long i Word Work Activities CVCe Words
- Long o Word Work Activities CVCe Words
- Long u Word Work Activities CVCe Words
Click HERE to follow First Grade Schoolhouse for updates, freebies, and notifications of new products.
Thank you ♥♥♥ for visiting my store!
First Grade Schoolhouse
© Copyright First Grade Schoolhouse
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Not for commercial use. Not for public display.