Review short and long vowels in this interactive SMART Board resource! Ready to go! No prep! All you need to do is connect your SMART Board and you’re ready! What a fun way for your students to practice the short and long vowels you have previously taught! My students love it and so will yours!
55 pages of SMART Board Activities to support your reading, phonics, and spelling instruction!
This unit includes the following:
• 16 SMART Board pages on identifying the different long and short vowel sounds (such as comparing short vowel e and the long vowel e).
• 12 SMART Board pages on identifying the different long and short vowel sounds with mixed practice.
• 13 SMART Board pages on reading short and long vowel words.
• 12 SMART Board pages on writing short and long vowel words.
• 5 Title pages with quick links to skill practice.
• 17 vocabulary pages.
Within this unit students will review short and long vowel sounds in isolation as well as in the context of spoken and written words. Students will explore blending sounds into whole words. Students will apply this knowledge of the vowel sounds while writing and reading new words.
This unit supports a variety of different learning styles that naturally lend to differentiation. A variety of activities are available for student practice…just choose based on your specific students’ needs.
Your students will be able to:
• Identify the short vowel and long vowel sounds.
• Distinguish between each vowel’s two sounds.
• Differentiate between all short and long vowel sounds and identify which vowel is in a word.
• Read words with short and long vowels.
• Write words with short and long vowels.
You will also find the pages are either self-correcting or they have answer keys.
77 pages in all!
Please note: This file is made to use SMART Notebook software. You should have this software to use the file. It is not compatible with other interactive whiteboard software such as ActivBoard (Active Inspire) or Promethean boards.