This is a fun game that you can use with your students to help them practice reading short a words.
36 Short a word cards (included in download)
1. Students spread the short a picture and word cards on the floor or table.
2. One player chooses a short a word from the word list and reads the word aloud.
3. Two players try to be the first to “SWAT” the word that has been read aloud with their flyswatter.
4. The player who “SWATS” the word first may keep the card.
5. The word that was called is marked with an X .
6. The game continues with a new student reading a word aloud and two students “SWATTING” a short a word.
7. The player with the most cards at the end of the game is the winner.