A fun game of Tic Tac Toe using Short a CVC words from Dance of the Fancy Pants Ants, a Clever Speller phonics story.
This game is great for your beginning spellers to help them put letters together to make words. They'll be spelling in no time with Story Based Learning!
- 20 CVC Short a Words
- A copy of the Dance of the Fancy Pants Ants story is included. Reading the story helps develop phonemic awareness of the Short a sound and makes spelling meaningful and connected.
- All game words are from the story
- Play in pairs
- Each person has a set of letters in the same color
- Players take it in turns to place a letter on the Tic Tac Toe board aiming to make a 3 letter word with their own color letters
- Words can be up or down or diagonal depending on skill level of player
- Players attempt to block the other person from making a 3 letter word at the same time as attempting to make their own word
- Winner is the person who makes a 3 letter word and can read the word aloud.
- There will often be no winner
- Play again as many times as you like!