This packet contains 9 different short a word work activities that your students can complete during work stations.
This packet was created to practice the following short a word patterns:-at, -ap, -an, -ag, -ack and -ad
This packet contains the following activities:
1. 6 Read, Trace, Write and Draw Activities: Students practice writing words that end in -at, -ad, -ap, -ack, -ag and -an.
2. (2) Mega Word Hunts: Students hunt for words that follow short a patterns: (-at, -ap, -an, -ag, -ad) and write them on their game board.
3. Highlighting Short a Words: Students use highlighters to find short a words. Students then write these words on their paper.
4. Short a Word Ladder: Students use the beginning consonants to create new short a words that end in -an and -ag.
5. Short a Pictures: Students read and then illustrate the short a sentences.
6. Short a Word Search: Students search for the 6 hidden short a words.
7. Building Words: Students use the given letters to build the word that matches each picture.
8. Short a Letter Box Puzzles: Students write the short a words in the correct letter boxes.
9. Short a Real/Nonsense Word Sort: Students sort the short a words into the correct box.
Take a peek at the thumbnail images to see the activities included in this download.