This is a collection of printables made for kindergarten and beginning first grade students to teach, review, or assess vowels. It is meant to help students learn what sounds the vowels make and then help students place the vowels into the worksheets. These worksheets also have students put the vowels into the words and then match the words to the pictures (just for one example).
The packet includes 36 pages. If you view the preview, you will get a better idea. Here is a list of what you will find in the packet:
- 2 worksheets for each short vowel sound
- 1 worksheet for each long vowel sound
- 2 worksheets to color in the vowel sounds for short vowels
- 2 worksheets to color in the vowel sounds for long vowels
- 2 worksheets for CVC words to color in the bubbles (short vowel sounds only)
- 2 worksheets for students to draw and label an object for each vowel sound (one for long and one worksheet for short vowels) *This may make a nice assessment for you.
- A worksheet for each vowel sound (one for long and one for each short vowel sound) similar to a t-chart where students draw and label which objects that make each vowel sound and objects that do not make the vowel sound. *Examples are included at the bottom of each box for students to get them started. *Again, see preview.
*I also added a Y as a vowel sound - "i" and "e" (2 worksheets)