Do you have students who struggle to hear long vs. short vowel sounds in words? I use this set of activities with my third grade students who need to hear the difference. Since I use solely images, students won't be able to just look for the cvc or cvc-e pattern. They actually have to listen to the sounds as they say the words.
- Sorting Mats for each vowel (long vs. short)
- Sorting Cards for each vowel (mix of long and sort vowel words with visuals)
- Answer Sheets - for the teacher OR have students self-check their work during centers
- Speed Sort Poster - with directions for students
- Assessment Mat - use to mix long and short vowels from A, E, I, O, and U to monitor student progress
- For the Teacher Page
Available in Color and B/W
Pages are full size (8.5" by 11")
You can find me on social media as There's No Crying in Teaching!