Have your students practice distinguishing short and long vowel sounds with this pocket chart sort and printables.
Included in this packet are colored picture cards with words and two options for recording sheets (write words or cut and paste pictures).
Short and Long Aa
- apple, crab, axe, bat, gas, hat
- acorn, ape, baby, cake, rake, snake
Short and Long Ee
- bell, egg, sled, tent, web, well
- jeep, key, seal, peas, sheep, tree
Short and Long Ii
- brick, gift, igloo, mittens, twig, milk
- bike, island, light, lion, kite, pie
Short and Long Oo
- box, dog, fox, pot, sock, frog
- hose, rose, bone, coat, robot, soap
Short and Long Uu
- bus, cub, dump truck, nut, plum, umbrella
- glue, juice, tube, unicycle, vacuum
Short and Long Vowels
- alligator, pen, six, log, sun
- plane, grapes, cheese, tie, ghost, boat, fruit
If you are looking for more vowel activities, be sure to check out:
Short Vowel Activities and Printables
Follow me for updates, sales and more products to come! Simply click on the green star next to my profile picture.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any questions.