A classic game of Tic Tac Toe using Short e CVC words from My Best Friend Fred, a Clever Speller phonics story.
Beginning spellers love playing games to help them put letters together to make words. They'll be spelling in no time with Story Based Learning!
- 18 CVC Short a Words
- A copy of the My Best Friend Fred story is included. Reading the story helps develop phonemic awareness of the Short e sound and makes spelling meaningful and connected.
- All game words are from the story
- Play in pairs
- Each person has a set of letters in the same color
- Players take it in turns to place a letter on the Tic Tac Toe board aiming to make a Short e 3 letter word with their own color letters
- Words can be up or down or diagonal depending on skill level of player
- Players attempt to block the other person from making a 3 letter word at the same time as attempting to make their own word
- Winner is the person who makes a 3 letter word and can read the word aloud.
- There will often be no winner!
- Play again as many times as you like!