UPDATED!!! This packet was created to practice the following short e word patterns: -en, -et, -ell, -ed and -eck
Table of Contents:
1. (5) Read, Trace, Write and Draw Activities: Students practice writing words that end in: -en, -et, -ell, -ed and -eck
2. Mega Word Hunt: Students hunt for words that follow the short e patterns: (-en, -et, -ell, and -ed) and write them on their game board.
3. Highlighting Short e Words: Students use highlighters to find short e words. Students then write these words on their paper.
4. (2) Short e Word Ladder: Students use the beginning consonants to create new short e words that end in -en, -et, -ell, and -ed.
5. (2) Short e Pictures: Students read and then illustrate the short e sentences.
6. Short e Word Search: Students search for the 6 hidden short e words.
7. Short e Letter Box Puzzles: Students write the short e words in the correct letter boxes.
8. Building Short e Words: Students use letters to build the short e word that matches each picture.
9. Short e Word Sort: Students sort real and nonsense short e words.