Help students practice reading short i words with this engaging basketball theme game! All words are CVC words. The game can be used for a center activity, in small group, or with partners.
This download includes:
• 1 game board
• 1 direction sheet
• 40 short i word cards
• 10 direction cards
Directions for use:
• Print the game board and cards on cardstock. Laminate for durability.
• Cut the cards apart, mix thoroughly, and place in a pile next to the game board.
• Give each player a different colored token.
• The first player picks a card. He then reads the card to the other player(s). If he reads the word correctly, he rolls a die and moves ahead on the game board the number of spaces on the die. If the player does not read the card correctly, he does not move and loses his turn. If the player picks a card with directions on it, he must follow the directions.
• Play then moves to the next player.
• The game is over when a player reaches finish.