UPDATED!!! This packet was created to practice the following short i word patterns:
-it, -ig, -ip, -ink, -ick, -in and -id
Table of Contents:
1. (7) Read, Trace, Write and Draw Activities: Students practice writing words that end in: -it, -id, -ip, -ick, -ig, -ink and -in.
2. Mega Word Hunt: Students hunt for words that follow the short i patterns: (-it, -in, -ick, -ink) and write them on their game board.
3. Highlighting Short i Words: Students use highlighters to find short i words. Students then write these words on their paper.
4. (2) Short i Word Ladder: Students use the beginning consonants to create new short i words that end in -ig, -ink, -in and -it.
5. (2) Short i Pictures: Students read and then illustrate the short i sentences.
6. Short i Word Search: Students search for the 6 hidden short i words.
7. Short i Letter Box Puzzles: Students write the short i words in the correct letter boxes.
8. Short i Word Sort: Students sort real and nonsense short i words.