Also included in
- Looking for a fun and engaging way for your students to practice long and short vowel sounds? These long and short vowel worksheets are NO PREP and easy to differentiate. The long and short a, e, i, o, and u vowels activities include writing, booklets, sorts, making words and sentences, bingo, and m$28.00$35.00Save $7.00
- Are you looking for some fun ways to practice and review short vowels CVC words? These CVC words worksheets bundle includes activities for short a, e, i, o, and u. Each resource is filled with a variety of easy to use, no PREP printables that include writing, booklets, sorts, making words and senten$14.00$17.50Save $3.50
Are you looking for some fun ways to practice CVC words? These short i worksheets are NO PREP and easy to differentiate. The phonics worksheets include writing, booklets, sorts, making short i words and sentences, and more! They’re perfect for kindergarten and first grade. Use the short vowel activities for guided or independent practice or at a literacy center.
The short i word work packet includes:
- Read, Write, & Stamp – Read the words, write the words, and use letter stamps to stamp the words.
- Highlight a Word – Highlight, write, and read (to a classmate) the short i CVC words.
- Read & Draw – Read the words and draw a picture to illustrate each one.
- Write a Word – Write the words that name the pictures.
- Real and Nonsense Words – Cut, sort, and glue words to the correct category: real and nonsense words.
- Read and Highlight – Read the sentences and highlight the short i CVC words in the sentences. Read the highlighted words to two classmates.
- I can write words. – Write short i CVC words (works well as a partner activity).
- Rainbow Writing – Use 3 different colors of the rainbow to trace the words with crayon.
- Build a Word – Build the words that name the given pictures. Use magnet or plastic letters.
- My Short i Book – Cut (on dotted lines), staple, and trace the CVC words. Illustrate and read the book.
- I can write a sentence. – Write a sentence for each of the given words. Illustrate each sentence.
- I can write a story. - Write a story and include short i CVC words.
- Short i Picture Sort – Sort the pictures into two categories: “Short i Words” and “Other Words.”
- Short i Bingo – Daub the pictures that have a short i sound. Draw a line through any rows that you get BINGO.
- I can make a sentence. – Cut, order, and glue words to make sentences. Write the sentences.
- Short i CVC Poster
View the Preview for a detailed look at what's included in the packet.
For more short vowel activities see:
For the Short Vowels Bundle see:
For more PHONICS activities see:
Click HERE to follow First Grade Schoolhouse for updates, freebies, and notifications of new products.
Thank you ♥♥♥ for visiting my store!
First Grade Schoolhouse
© Copyright First Grade Schoolhouse
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Not for commercial use. Not for public display.