This activity is brilliant for finishing off a unit involving world geography, specifically, countries around the world. Have the students research and prepare projects on different countries around the world. I chose to have them present their projects as posters, but this can be suited to you, the teacher.
To finish off the unit, act out these cute and comical plays. The great thing about these plays is that there are even smaller roles for students who have trouble remembering lines or who are shy. This activity involves minimal preparation and minimal props. Just give the students their roles and sit back and watch them turn into lactors and actresses.
Included with every play, you'll find a list of the characters names, their personalities and a summary of the play.
1st play - American Girls in London
- 3 main roles, 4 secondary roles, 3 roles with very minimal participation
- 6 pages long
2nd play - Hawaii, Here we Come
- 7 main roles, 1 secondary role
- 4 pages long
3rd play - Mr. Dunphy Tries to Help
- 2 main roles, 1 secondary role, 1 small role, 1 role with minimal participation
- 4 pages
4th play - Parlez-Vous Francais?
- 5 main roles, 1 small role
- 7 pages
5th play - The Longest Train Ride Ever
- 6 main roles (all male actors)
- 5 pages
6th play - Daydreaming in Geography
- 8 main roles, 1 small role
- 5 pages
End - Song - I wanna Go
- to be sung to Mambo Number 5
- all students participate
Have a wonderful time directing these cute plays.
- all names can be changed
- just because it's a boy's role, it can be changed to suit a girl
- the plays can be performed in any order
- HAVE FUN!