Learning to read is not a natural skill. It has to be taught and for 20% of students, it's not as easy as it is for their peers.
This program focuses on Orton Gillingham based strategies for helping these students use their eyes, ears and body to assist them in learning how to read and spell short consonant-vowel-consonant words in a fun but explicit way. The program consists of:
- a phonemic awareness activity
- an explanation of the cvc pattern for a short vowel
- games: dominoes, wordsearch, Go Fish, Memory, Noughts & Crosses, puzzles and
- Sentence reading and spelling tasks
- record sheets and explanations.
I hope you find this a helpful and fun way to help students struggling with learning to decode and encode.
This product will be part of a bundle containing short vowels a, e, o, u, so look out for the special bundle price.
Feedback is valued and encouraged with thanks.
Thanks for dropping by.