Show, Don't Tell Bundle:
'Show, don't tell' is a strategy for helping students use descriptive sentences to enhance their writing, particularly when producing narratives. Use this pack to explain what the 'Show, Don't Tell' strategy is with examples and activities provided.
This pack contains:
- a Powerpoint presentation. This Powerpoint gives a definition of the show and tell strategy, examples and contains an activity within.
- Show and Tell cut and paste: Students cut out the 'tell' statements, writing descriptions to 'show' each statement using rich descriptions. Instructions on how to complete this task are on the activity sheet itself.
- Character profile. Students use this sheet to create their own main character with descriptions at the end.
- Character and setting 'Show and Tell' activity: Students transfer 4 character traits or setting descriptors onto this sheet. They then will need to show each trait or setting description rather than tell about it.
- Character and setting 'Show and Tell' example: Show this completed sheet to students to demonstrate how to complete the Character and setting activity.
- Product now includes a Polaroid Photo 'Show, Don't Tell' display activity! (not shown in preview)
**See this product in full at the link below**
Show, Don't Tell Polaroid Photo Prompts
See preview for a low quality sample.