Students have a very hard time adding sensory details to their writing. They end up TELLING the reader about something that happened, instead of using details to SHOW the reader what happened. This bundle of activities has been designed to help students move past these road blocks. Through partner and individual activities, students will use their acting and detective skills to describe what they see. With practice, students are guided towards using more vivid description in their writing.
This common core aliened bundle includes:
- Activities to help students understand what sensory description is and what "showing" their details mean.
- Projects that give students time to practice adding details to their text.
- 15 Pre-made posters to use as anchor charts.
- Worksheets that you will need for each activity
- A blank poster so that you can create your own anchor charts.