Also included in
- Do your students panic when you assign a creative writing project? This Creative Writing Bundle includes EIGHT no-fear Creative Writing Lessons. You will save 20% by purchasing this bundle rather than buying each resource separately.Four of the lessons are Google Drive Digital resources. Your stud$17.20$20.25Save $3.05
One of the most important techniques a writer can master is learning to SHOW action rather than TELL the reader about it. Although many writers are aware of the importance of the technique, they are not sure how to accomplish it.
This lesson presents 5 easy ways to show rather than tell, and provides students with exercises to practice what they have learned.
Your students will have fun learning to show rather than tell and in doing so will greatly improve their writing.
This lesson may be used two ways:
- Print the materials and distribute them to your students.
- Instead of printing the pages and distributing them to students, you can give them a link to each page and they can view the digital slide in their Google Drive and record their answers on Google Slides. Students can submit their work to you however you wish. (Google Classroom, email, etc.)
Using the Google Drive Resource will save you hours of time and reams of paper.
The benefits of Google Drive Resources include:
- Share lessons and exercises one page at a time.
- Students can access the materials from anywhere they have access to their Google Drive.
- Students work directly in the file.
- Increase student engagement.
- Go Paperless. No need to use a copy machine.
- No printing is required; however, if you wish to print, it will look great!
- No lost assignments.
- Infuse technology.
- Readiness for college.
- Google Drive is completely free for teachers and students.
Charlene Tess has taught creative writing to both high school students and to adults.
She is the author of numerous articles, novels, and nonfiction books.
Be the first to know about my newest products, freebies, and sales. Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Then, I can send you customized email updates about my store.
I hope you and your students enjoy using this. Here's another exercise your students will enjoy.