Also included in
- The content specific strategy rings will be the perfect tool to give your students during independent practice. Each resource ring can be customized to give your students the exact strategy reminders that they need.Check out each individual product for specific details and for more product photos.Ma$14.00$18.50Save $4.50
I have always struggled to get my students to be more descriptive with their writing. They simply want to list or simply state how a character feels. This Show Don't Tell Resource Ring will help your students become more descriptive with their writing and make their characters come to life.
This writing resource includes 32 Show Don't Tell cards. Each card includes a variety of ways that students can SHOW how a character is feeling vs. telling. Each card includes a picture of that emotion or feeling so students are sure they are being precise with their language.
- Each card can be printed in black and white or in color.
- Cards can be printed single-sided, four to a page. Each card includes the Feeling or Emotion word, a list of ways students can show that emotion vs. stating it. The cards also include a picture that represents what that feeling or emotion looks like.
- Cards can be printed in a "create-your-own" option. Each card can be printed with just the emotion/feeling word and the picture. There is blank space included on the card so students can create their own Show Don't Tell resource.
- Cards can be printed in a mini baseball style option. Each card can be printed 8 to a page and can be printed front and back. The front of the card includes the emotion/feeling word and the picture and the back of the card includes all the ways you can show that emotion or feeling.
- Create a few class rings to include at your writing station.
- Print the cards and place them on your word wall.
- Give each student their own Show Don't Tell Resource Ring to include in their independent writing folder.
- Use during writing conferences and small group instruction.
- Click here to check out my blog!
- Click here to sign up to receive my newsletter. Get teaching ideas, product updates, and freebies, delivered right to your inbox.
- Click here to follow my store to be notified when new products are added.
- Click here to follow me on Instagram.
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest.