Show It! Number Talks engage your students in mental math exercises that are meaningful as well as fun! Students show the number on the screen by using tally marks, ten frames, pictures, or number sentences.
Why Number Talks?
- Develop mental math skills
- Give students the opportunity to explain and share their thinking
- Give students the chance to learn from their peers.
- Students develop greater number sense as they learn to manipulate numbers and approach problems from multiple angles.
- Students gain a better understanding of what the numbers actually mean, rather than just memorizing rote facts.
How to Use Number Talks
Detailed instructions are included in the file!
*Note: This product is meant to be used with an interactive white board.*
- Display slide on interactive white board
- Give students think time to complete mental math
- Give students opportunity to show and share their thinking
- Complete 1-3 slides daily (5-10 minutes total)
- Use as an opening or closing to your math lesson, or when you have a few spare minutes.
Distance Learning Tips
- Upload the slide show for students in your chosen platform
- Assign them a slide number to complete. They can write answers or give them verbally, depending on your format.
- Ask them to explain their thinking.
You might also enjoy these great resources:
Subitize It! Number Talks
Build It! Number Talks
Complete It! Number Talks
Balance It! Number Talks
Count It! Number Talks
Frame It! Number Talks
Editable Spelling Write the Room Bundle
Apples to Applique Blog
Apples to Applique on Pinterest
Apples to Applique on Facebook
Apples to Applique on Instagram
If you have any questions about this product, please contact me before purchasing.
Thank you so much for your purchase!
Don't forget to check out my other classroom printables, and please return to leave some feedback!
Copyright © Amber Hock 2020
All rights reserved by the author.
This product is for your own classroom or homeschooling use only-NOT for commercial resale.