Are your young friends learning to identify coins and determine their value? Do they enjoy scoot games? This product combines the two for an engaging activity that I'm certain they'll enjoy! Feel free to use it as a culminating activity for your money unit or during your small group / rti time, too!
This product is appropriate for first graders. It contains 20 game mats with 6 tasks to complete on each one. Examples of these tasks include:
* coin identification (front / back of penny, nickel, dime, and quarter)
* Can I buy it? (A clipart image of a toy with its purchase price is shown. Kids determine if they have enough money to purchase it.)
* Coin "Trivia" - Dime: I am the smallest coin. Penny: I am the 16th president.
* How Much? Kids determine the value of the given set of coins.
* Draw More... If given a nickel, kids draw the value of the coins necessary to get to 9 cents.
True / False
20 mats + 3 slides (title, instructions, credits) = 23