This song and video "Si quieres, puedes is easy, repetitive and positive! It would make an EXCELLENT song of the week for any level. The resources that I have created are for Novices, but could be used at any level.
With this song and video, students will learn about Sebastián Yatra and the region of Chocó in Colombia. Included in this packet are the following:
- A suggested order of activities
- Some suggested Personalized Questions with "quieres" and "puedes".
- A cloze activity for the song lyrics
- A translation of the song
- A translation of the song with some English words left out so that students will have to translate some lines.
- A "put the lines" in order version of the lyrics
- Some basic activities to do with the video
- Biographical information about Sebastián Yatra (information taken from this interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDgwbu89A-w), written for Novices in the present tense
- Links to two Quizizzes and a Quizlet Live to review the biographical information.
- Time stamps for parts of the interview that are used in the reading
- Some suggested activities to do with the biography
- Information about a the campaign "Tómate por Chocó" that Sebastián Yatra is a part of.
- Information about La Fundación Marajuera, a foundation that Sebastián Yatra is helping
- Two basic activities (see and write and a cloze activity) to do with the commercial for that campaign.
- a link to a slideshow with images to help facilitate interpretation of the biographical information
- a link to a Quizlet for Quizlet Live with the song lyrics
Please make sure you have a Google account, so you can make a copy if you would like to!