Sibling squabbles, lying, tattling, and over reacting to problems can all create a home full of angst. This unit has the tools for a peaceful home. A home in which siblings get along, tell the truth, think before they report, and respond appropriate to problems!
Check out our other behavior management tools and social stories. Post pictures of our products in use on our Facebook or Instagram. Tag #thegreenhouseeducators.
1. Sibling Squabbles ($7.50)
- Homes don’t have to be war zones. In fact, homes should be a safe place. In this social story about sibling squabbles, Maria uses a simple stop light to teach her younger siblings three strategies for having peaceful relationships.
- Unit includes: Instructional Social Story, Discussion guide, Strategy poster, Strategy idea bank, Note to parent
- 21 pages
2. Honesty vs. Lying - The Honest Prince ($7.50)
- Telling the truth and being honest are important life skills. But kids lie all the time because of peer pressure or fear of consequences. In this social story, kids will learn to always tell the truth or others won't believe them.
- Unit includes: Instructional Social Story, Instructional Social Story, 3 strategy cue card/posters, Reward coupons, Reward certificates, Think it Through Activity
- 24 pages
3. Sizing up my Problems ($8.50) (also available in Anxiety Bundle)
- In this social story, cute robots teach children to size up their problems then react appropriately. Kids will be exposed to 100+ everyday situations. They will learn critical thinking, positive thinking, and self-regulating as they analyze each situation.
- Unit includes: Instructional story, Personalized story (fill-in-the-blanks), Discussion guides, Strategy posters, Activity/Game, Note to adults
- 58 pages
4. THINK Theodore - tattle vs. reporting ($7.50)
- Do you have a student or class full or students who constantly tattles? Instead of making a list of things to report and things not to report, this social story teaches kids the THINK strategy to help them discern what to report and what not to report.
- Unit includes: Instructional story, Personalized story (fill-in-the-blanks), THINK poster/cue card, Individual & Class award certificates, design your own posters, Individual & Class Behavior Contract / Progress monitoring graph,
- 60 pages
5. New Baby ($7.50)
- New babies are an exciting but hard transition for kids. Becoming a big brother or big sister is not quite the exciting gig it’s built up to be. Siblings are fun, but very quickly routines become interrupted, attention gets divided, and things are different. Kids need assurance that everything will feel normal again soon. In this social story, Sierra’s friends give her three strategies to use to become a better sibling!
- Unit includes: Instructional story, Personalized story (fill-in-the-blanks), 4 different types of support tools
- 41 pages