This Smartboard Lesson includes
• a Do Now that reviews setting up proportions since they will be used in working with the Side Splitter Theorem and the Angle Bisector Theorem
• a slide to recall several equivalent forms for given proportions. These proportions will be used in later slides.
• a slide to show that when two sides of a triangle are cut by a line parallel to the third side proportions can be written. The triangles can be moved around to help the students understand the proportions that can be written.
• a slide to challenge the students to think about whether all angle bisectors of an isosceles triangle cut the opposite sides in the same way. Students should conclude that they do not.
• a slide to develop how an angle bisector of a triangle does intersect the opposite side.
• a slide that reiterates the previous slide
• a slide that challenges students with four additional problems
• a slide that reviews the whole lesson.
If you don’t have the Smart Notebook software you can use the web based version that is available at www.express.smarttech.com to view this product.
Comment from a buyer:
• Great product--fun to teach and easily understandable.
• Great time saver!
• Great lesson