Included in this Sideways Stories from Wayside School novel study are a variety of Common Core aligned reading responses and comprehension activities for every chapter. These responses check students' understanding, as well as provide them a focus for reading.
Students are required to look back in the story to support their thinking with evidence.
Strategy pages are included so that students can make connections, predict, and ask questions as they read.
A CCSS-alignment page helps the teacher track what students' are working on each day. A complete answer key rounds out the unit, keeping it as simple as possible for the teacher!
* Click the preview for full-size previews of many responses!
In this novel study, students will:
• make connections
• ask questions
• make predictions
• note details
• draw visualizations
• compare and contrast
• write chapter summaries
• determine character traits
• use details to support the main idea
• complete a story map
• identify and explain problem and solution
• work with personification
• be introduced to irony
• order events into the correct sequence
• complete character trait maps
• complete a book recommendation