Sight words consist of approximately 70% of beginning reading materials for young learners. Mastering these words can make a HUGE difference in a child's reading fluency. These interactive, multisensory activities will keep your student engaged and reinforce the reading and spelling of these words.
The preprimer sight words in this edition include: and, away, big, blue, can, came, down, find, for, funny, go, help, here, in, is, it, jump, little, look, make, me, my, no, one, play, red, run, said, see, the, three, to, two, up, we, where, yellow
I did not include the words: I, a (these words are always taught first when teaching letter-sound associations within the alphabet so students know these before learning the sight words)
The following activities include:
1. Trace It- trace the letters to spell each word
2. Write it- fill in the writing blocks with the appropriate letter. The size of the writing
blocks will cue your little learners what letter they would be putting in there
3. Connect it- draw lines connecting the letters to spell the word
4. Find it- circle the letters that spell the sight word. They will be horizontal and
5. Circle it- find and circle the word which each sheet is focusing on. There will
always be three words to circle in this section.
6. Color it- Color the bubble letters that spell the sight word
7. Build it- cut out the words below and paste them in the correct order above to
spell the word