Sight words consist of approximately 70% of beginning reading materials for young learners. Mastering these words can make a HUGE difference in a child's reading fluency. These interactive, multisensory activities will keep your student engaged and reinforce the reading and spelling of these words.
The second grade sight words in this edition include: always, around, because, been, before, best, both, buy, call, cold, does, don't, fast, first, five, found, gave, goes, green, its, made, many, off, or, pull, read, right, sing, sit, sleep, tell, their, these, those, upon, us, use, very, wash, which, why, wish, work, would, write, your
The following activities include:
1. Trace It- trace the letters to spell each word
2. Write it- fill in the writing blocks with the appropriate letter. The size of the writing
blocks will cue your little learners what letter they would be putting in there
3. Connect it- draw lines connecting the letters to spell the word
4. Find it- circle the letters that spell the sight word. They will be horizontal and
5. Circle it- find and circle the word which each sheet is focusing on. There will
always be three words to circle in this section.
6. Color it- Color the bubble letters that spell the sight word
7. Build it- cut out the words below and paste them in the correct order above to
spell the word
For more printables, check out:
For sight word flash cards, check out:
Check out the preview to see more information about this packet. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org