I don't know about you, but my students need as much sight word practice as they can get! Using fun and engaging activities will make it meaningful and those sight words will finally stick!
One of the many sight word activities I use in my classroom is the SIGHT WORD BUDDIES (a classroom favorite)!
My students make one of these every Friday and they can pretty much do it independently after some practice.
I choose a challenging sight word and we practice it all week, then we wrap it up with a sight word buddy!
- Students will practice each sight word by:
- writing it in rainbow format
- build it boxes
- bubble letters
- identifying consonants and vowels
This product includes
- 46 templates with different shapes and patterns (used a commonly used Second grade Dolch words list but PLEASE download preview to see words included)
- Template for arms and legs
- 2 Writing papers for students to write a story about their SIGHT WORD BUDDY
* Please download preview before purchasing.
*** Don't forget to FOLLOW ME if you want to be the first to know about freebies, sales and new products!! Just click on the GREEN FOLLOW ME star.