Click the preview to see everything included + more!
Sight words can be such a crucial, but tricky part of teaching reading because, as we know, sight words do not like to follow the rules of phonics. This bundle includes everything you need to teach sight words at Level A
. Each word is introduced one at a time and build off one another so you never have to worry about your students coming to a word they have not yet learned. This resource is also extremely flexible so you can adapt it to your students’ needs.
This resource was created to help teachers teach sight words in an organized, differentiated way. Below are the basic steps to using this resource:
1. Assess students to see what level they are on
2. Provide resources at each student’s level (LEVEL A, LEVEL B
3. Teach & assess until mastery of the list
4. Move to next level!
Super easy differentiation for your centers, writing practice, and homework!
*Additional levels will be added on a monthly basis (separate download- this is not a growing bundle) and will include more words as each level increases. A bundle will be added at the very end, but you will save more money by purchasing as they are added! :)
Level A Words
This download includes the following (all based on the above list of sight words):
• sight word list
• assessment checklist
• 3 interactive journal activities
• rainbow write
• circle the word
• sentence fluency
• 6 hands-on centers
• magnetic letters
• spin and cover
• spin and trace
• puzzle words
• find and cover
• play-doh mats
• 8 Mini-books (black and white; one for each word)
• 8 handwriting practice pages (one for each word)
• Level A read, trace, and write flip books (binder ring)
• 8 homework pages (one for each word; based on prior activities and pages)
Looking for differentiation? Check out LEVEL B
Please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about this product! www.thetherapeuticteacher.com