Come on down to the Sight Word Carnival!!
This packet includes common-core aligned carnival-themed literacy centers and/or small group activities and games designed to reinforce common sight word recognition.
All words come from the first grade Dolch word list, but can be used in K or 2nd grade classrooms!
Here's what's included...All activities include a full page of teacher directions with best practices and procedural tips!
1. Ferris Wheel Bingo - 7 boards + one blank board that you can customize yourself!
2. The Absent Letter - An activity where students must find the "missing letter" in common sight words. Turn it into a fun game with included colorful alphabet tiles!
3. Fluency Loop de Loops w/ student record sheet - Increase sight word automaticity with these four fun fluency "loops". Great for partner or independent work!
4. Balloon POP - Great game for sight word recognition, but watch out for the POP cards! Includes full set of balloon sight word cards + blank balloon for you to customize.
5. Cotton Candy - Played like BINGO, students color in sticks of cotton candy with sight words when they hear a matching word read out loud. 7 boards are included + 1 blank board to customize!
6. Bumper Letters w/ student recording sheet - A great center activity that provide practice spelling common sight words.
7. Sight Word Fun House - Always a good idea to have a center activity that can be completed independently! This printable provides practice spelling and writing different sight words and would make a great addition to your weekly homework rotation. Visual student directions are included!
8. Colorful flashcards with first grade Dolche words - Great to print and use with centers or send home for extra practice!
9. Center signs with visuals
Please take the time to rate my product and follow me on Facebook at
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License