This is a sight word emergent reader for the sight word away. Little sight word books are simple, uncluttered, and are PERFECT for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten aged kids who are just learning sight words. In addition to the quarter page sized little books, this product also includes full-page books (in both color and black & white) that can be placed in your class reading center.
***Please note that this product is also included in the Pre-Primer Sight Word Little Book Bundle. If you have purchased the money-saving bundle, you do not need to purchase this product.
My favorite thing about the little books is that they are so easy to assemble. Click here to see how quickly you can assemble the books.
The little books contain the following components:
– The sight word is featured in large print. Reinforce spelling and recognition of the sight word by asking kids to color the word, finger trace the word, or rainbow write the word, apply small stickers to the word, etc.
– Each book contains three pages with illustrations and simple repetitive text. Kids can circle, highlight, or identify the featured word. They can read the word in context and color the illustrations.
Writing Practice Page
– The last page of the little books provide kids with an opportunity to trace the sight word and print the sight word on a line.
The full page books contain the following components:
Full color and Black & White books are available
A Sight Word Page
– Kids can use this page for finger tracing. Print an extra copy of this page. It can be laminated and used as a play dough mat. It can be used with stickers, buttons, or any little manipulatives or collage items.
- Each book contains three pages with illustrations and simple repetitive text. Kids can identify the featured word within the text and can read the word in context.
Want check out a free sight word book sample? CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE to see all of my individual sight word books.
CLICK HERE to see my Dolch Pre-Primer Book Bundle.
CLICK HERE to see my Dolch Primer Book Bundle.
CLICK HERE to see additional sight word resources.