Little ones have fun practicing sight word recognition while playing this sight word fishing game. This file contains all 40 Dolch Pre-Primer Sight Words printed on a differently colored fish. There are 9 fish per page.
• 40 sight word fish Printed and Laminated
• Stapler and staples
For a magnetic fishing pole:
• "O"-shaped magnet
• stick or wooden dowel
• hot glue
• Print pages 3-8 (fish with sight words on them) on A4 size paper. (or A3 if you want bigger fish)
• After printing, cut fish apart and laminate for durability.
• Staple a mouth on the fish or use a paper clip.
• For a magnetic fishing pole, tie (or glue) a magnet on one end of the string and tie a stick to the other end of the string.
• The length of the fishing pole and the string depends on the age of your children and how you are going to have them play the game.
How To Play:
Spread the sight word fish out (word side down) on the table or floor. Children take turns catching a fish. When they have caught a fish, they turn it over and read the word. If they are able to read it, they keep the fish. If they can't, the put it back face down. The child with the most fish at the end of the game wins.
I’ve included a printable sheet to practice writing the words on. You can choose to have the students write each word they catch on their own recording sheet.
Art was created by the seller. Font was created by